The train derailed in downtown Lynchburg, Va. No injuries have been reported.
1. Updated — April 30, 4:55 p.m. ET
2. A large fire erupted in Lynchburg, Va., on Wednesday afternoon, when a train carrying crude oil derailed.
3. ABC 13 News reported 13 to 14 cars were involved in the derailment. City of Lynchburg confirmed cars involved in fire were carrying crude oil.
We are asking that everyone avoid the downtown area of Lynchburg, VA until further notice.
7. No deaths or injuries have been reported, according to ABC 13.
Twitter: @Brett_Met / @ABC13NEWS
8. The City of Lynchburg reported the Fire Department assessed the situation and allowed the fire to burn out on its own.
TRAIN DERAILMENT LYNCHBURG VA: 12-14 cars were carrying crude oil. The Fire Dept. has assessed situation and is allowing fire to burn out.
9. CSX later confirmed that the fire, following the derailment, has been extinguished.
An assessment confirms the fire on the derailed CSX train in Lynchburg is extinguished. More details here: http://t.co/cG4F4YNkEu.